- Pre-heat your oven to 200°c / 180°c fan, gas mark 6.
- Place the salmon onto an oven tray, rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 12-15 minutes. When the salmon is cooked, turn the oven off and leave the salmon in the oven to keep warm.
- Meanwhile boil the potatoes in salted water until just tender. Drain and crush the potatoes with 20g of the butter and 1tbsp of cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- As the potatoes and salmon are cooking, bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Add the asparagus and cook for a further 1 minute. Add the peas and cook for a further 1 minute. Drain and stir in 10g of the butter and season with salt and pepper.
For the butter sauce
- In a small pan, soften the shallot in a small amount of the butter on a medium heat, keeping the remaining in the fridge. Add the champagne and simmer until reduced by half. Add the cream and bring back to a simmer. Take the sauce off the heat, and whisk in the remaining chilled butter. Keep whisking until all the butter has melted and has been absorbed. Mix in the chopped chives.
To serve your meal
- Divide the potatoes between two warmed plates and place a salmon fillet on top. Add the mixed vegetables to the plate and finish with a drizzle of the sauce over the salmon and potatoes and a little around the plate.